Hi folks, After the grate drama of 2020 now we step into 2021. The “Whatsapp Privacy Update” bring a big wave all over the world next to COVID :D.
Yes you are right , Whatsapp the world leading messenger service which was loved by all over the world for it’s privacy feature is no more going have it’s unique privacy.
They looked Unique among the Messenger service because of their “End to End Encryption” Which make the data and privacy so secure.
When we just we look into quick history of Whatsapp .It was founded in by Brian Acton and Jan Koum, former employees of Yahoo! in 2009 and in early 2014’s it was acquired by Facebook for US$19 billion.
After the acquisition also Whatsapp remained on it’s uniqueness.
But today the New Privacy announcement Made by Whatsapp made a big frustration among it’s users.
We attached the screenshot which is detailed about their Privacy Update. The Privacy update made into 3 main parts.
- How WhatsApp processes your data.
- how businesses can use Facebook hosted services to store and manage their WhatsApp chats
- how WhatsApp will soon partner with Facebook to offer deeper integrations across all of the latter’s products
In addition to that they mentioned that, all these changes will be in to action from February 8th 2021, and there is no choice for disagree their policy.
If you want to continue the Whatsapp, you have to Agree their policy without any option else you can deactivate your Whatsapp Account.
How other Facebook companies may use the information collected from WhatsApp.
- helping improve infrastructure and delivery systems;
- understanding how our Services or theirs are used;
- promoting safety, security and integrity across the Facebook Company Products, e.g., security systems and fighting spam, threads, abuse, or infringement activities;
- improving their services and your experiences using them, such as making suggestions for you (for example, of friends or group connections, or of interesting content), personalizing features and content, helping you complete purchases and transactions, and showing relevant offers and ads across the Facebook Company Products; and
- providing integrations which enable you to connect your WhatsApp experiences with other Facebook Company Products. For example, allowing you to connect your Facebook Pay account to pay for things on WhatsApp or enabling you to chat with your friends on other Facebook Company Products, such as Portal, by connecting your WhatsApp account.
So in conclusion as Facebook Vision “providing a more cohesive experience to users across all its services” , They are merging their all services under a single app.
We already remember that recently Facebook has made a same update like this. Yes they bring Instagram and Messenger as a cross platform service which means, a Facebook user can message to a instagram follower through Messenger who isn’t a Facebook friend at the same time a Instagram follower can message to facebook user without being friend to him Facebook.
after this integration now facebook has made all the steps to bring WhatsApp also as what they did to Instagram.
As we all used WhatsApp for messaging service for a long time , and it’s simple design and better security features surely going to miss the old WhatsApp for sure. If you truly concern about your privacy there is no choice to use Whatsapp anymore. If you ok with your data tracking then you can continue the WhatsApp.
So you it’s your choice to keep WhatsApp or Uninstall it.
Don’t forget one thing the people who are raising their voice against the Policy Update still using Facebook in their Smart Phone.
Can you get what I mentioned in last ? Please comment it.