Book Train Tickets Online in Sri Lanka – 2022 : For the first time in Sri Lanka, a website and a mobile application for booking train seats online were launched recently under the patronage of Transport Minister Dilum Amunugama. SLT-MOBITEL has partnered with the Department of Railways to provide train seat reservations since 2009.
Secretary to the Ministry of Transport Monty Ranatunga, General Manager of Railways Dhammika Jayasundara, General Marketing Manager of SLT Mobitel Shasika Senarath as well as officials of the Railway Department and SLT Mobitel were present on the occasion.
This will enable train passengers to reserve seats on a number of daily trains in Sri Lanka from anywhere in the world in the future. The process of booking train seats has been digitized and in the future it will be possible to issue electronic tickets through this system and verify those tickets through the QR code. This also aims to reduce the use of paper in the Railway Department.
How to Book Train Tickets Online in Sri Lanka – 2022.
Booking Through Website
- First go to Sri Lanka Railway Online Train Booking Portal .
- Click on Book Your Seat.
- Select Starting Station and Ending Station.
- Select Date.
- If you need return Ticket you can reserve it.
- Enter Passengers Numbers (Maximum 5).
- Click Search.
- Select the Train as your wish.
- Click Proceed.
- Proceed Payment.
- Finally Ticket Reservation Done.
Tickets can be purchased for the train and destinations with first class viewing compartment, A / C first class, second class and third class steps. There are several methods available, including Visa, master and Lanka QR, to purchase and pay for tickets purchased in this way. These reserved tickets can be obtained from railway stations with m Ticketing (365) service by presenting the National Identity Card or Passport along with the reference number of the ticket.
The official group of Railways has stated that there are still several issues regarding the reservation system that has been introduced.
Missing Features on Sri Lanka Online Train Ticket Booking
- That the seats could not be selected.
- Delay in confirmation emails.
- Information about incorrect compartments.
- Obstacles to booking adjacent seats.
- Limiting the number of seats that can be reserved.
- There is no delivery method or downloadable (PDF) method to obtain the reserved ticket.
How to Book Train Tickets in Sri Lanka using Smart Phones.
Now you can Book Train Tickets Online in Sri Lanka through Smart phones also. Currently in Android you can book the tickets.
- Go to Play Store.
- Search “Sri Lanka Railways Reservation“.
- Download it.
- Open the App.
- Select the date , destination, seats and book.
However, the pilot project was launched about a month ago and it is hoped that these problems will be resolved in the future with the official launch of the project.
Pingback: How to Register for National Fuel Pass /QR Code Online Now - TechShits
Pingback: National Fuel Pass Online Registration - How to - TechShits